Friday, January 9

Two Dish DeeEEE-lish!!!

POINTS: 1
1/4 cup(s) fat-free mayonnaise
1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup(s) chives, fresh, or 1 tbsp dried
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread mayonnaise on both sides of eggplant rounds and arrange them on cookie sheet.Sprinkle each slice with some Parmesan cheese and chives. Bake at 475°F for 15 minutes.
~~~~~~~~
POINTS: 2
17 oz cooked cornmeal, in the form of a prepared polenta log, sliced into 16 rounds
2 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
8 tsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided (Parmigiano Reggiano recommended)
2 tsp olive oil
1 1/4 pound(s) mushroom(s), shiitake caps and Baby Bellas,
sliced2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp rosemary, fresh, chopped
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
3 tbsp 1/3 less-fat cream cheese
1/4 cup(s) water
2 tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped (for garnish)

Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil (for easy clean-up) or coat pan with cooking spray.Arrange polenta on pan in a single layer. Lightly coat polenta with cooking spray and sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon of cheese; bake until cheese is lightly browned, about 15 to 18 minutes. While polenta rounds bake, prepare mushroom topping. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.Stir cream cheese and water into skillet; cook over low heat until cream cheese melts and mixture looks creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
To assemble, place about 2 tablespoons of mushroom mixture onto each polenta round. Sprinkle each round with 1/4 teaspoon cheese; sprinkle with parsley to garnish. Yields 2 polenta rounds per serving.
~~~~~~
These low fat/low cal recipes were so yummy!!!
I substituted a few things, and left out what ever I didn't have already in the kitchen.
This was my first eggplant & polenta recipe that I have made...I will make it again and again!
After I cut the eggplant and skinned it as well I seasoned both sides and brushed it with low fat mayo. I added ceyenne pepper (I add it to almost everything).

I only had white onion instead of chives so I added a little chopped parsley for color!

I have been on Weight Watchers and I have been very portion and point conscious. So to measure the polenta the best way I know how I just scored it in half, then half of those halves and so on till I had 16 somewhat even portions. Then I cut all the way through.


A few quick sprays with the oil and some Parmesan on each side and toss these in the oven!


On to the topping, I only had button mushrooms so I added green bell peppers, onion and crushed red pepper. I also did not have low fat cream cheese so I used baby bell low fat swiss cheese spread, 2 wedges were equal to 3 tbls. Then little water to make a sauce.


It turned out so creamy and good!
This is the eggplant out of the oven....oh my the smell in my kitchen!

and here are the polenta rounds!

Little did I know till now that it was 2 servings of polenta for 2 points, not just one! the eggplant is one point per round! So 3 points for what you see on this plate! Good thing I went back for seconds!

Oh my it was so good!


I am going to make it for Mom & Dad to try on Monday....Jeff wouldn't touch it haha...he said "I don't eat things like that, I don't even know what it is!"
Have a great weekend!
~Peace~

No comments: